Nearly all access to Inhaca Island takes place via Maputo by ferry, chartered boat and aeroplane. The only other route used on a regular basis is to drive to Santa Maria where the Island is only a small hop across the channel. The drive is however a 4×4 route.
To get to Maputo you will have to fly or drive your own vehicle. The Kamatipoort Border is the best from the West (Johannesburg side) and Kosi Bay from the South (KZN side). The drive time from each border to Maputo is approx 2hrs, with the road from KZN being new and easy to drive.
Package Pricing – Rates are all per person sharing. If you book alone you will be paired with someone of the same gender, Please ensure you book together to ensure your group lodges together. Most of the bungalows are 2 sleepers, but there are 2 family units that sleep 4
|Boat Package (3 nights)||R6250.00|
|Standard Package (3nights)||R5750.00|
|Boat Package (2 nights)||R4750.00|
|Standard Package (2 nights)||R4250.00|
|12k Boat Package (3 Nights)||R5250.00|
|12k Boat Package (2 Nights)||R4250.00|
|Run only 58k or 28k||R2000.00|
The Boat Option
- Participants arrive at the Maputo Harbour by the latest Thursday 23rd at 11:00 AM for the 3 night package, or Friday 24th at 11:00 AM for the 2 night package
- Meet and greet, park vehicles, pay officials, receive receipt (100 MTS/R25)
- Board the Boat travel to the Island Harbour – 1 hour trip
- Participants will exit Ferry and use smaller boats to transfer the 1km to Manico Camp (the venue)
- Return Trip Sunday 10am to arrive in Maputo by 11am
Private Charter – for your account to go with standard package
- Depart from Club Naval Thursday or Friday using a privately chartered boat
- Cost approx. R4000 per boat 8 Pax (quote will be provided on booking)
- Departure Times can be discussed directly with the charter company. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide the contact details
- Domestic Fly in options available, so either fly in or drive into Maputo either Thursday or Friday on your own schedule.
This is a great option for the entrant wanting to travel on a flexible schedule. If you charter a boat in a group the cost is not too much more.